Tuesday, August 1, 2006

Sik Wai Sin Eating House

We went to this Sik Wai Sin Eating House in Geylang on Sunday for dinner. We ordered all the house specialty: Steamed Grass Carp Fish Head, Steamed Minced Pork with Salted Fish, Tofu with Prawns, Stir-Fried Kai Lan and Braised Bittergourd with Spareribs.

We had to wait a while for the lady boss to find us a table. The waiting time is quite OK with me as the drivers need time to find a parking lot too, which wasn't an easy task in Geylang. I was abit worried about the temperature in the shop as some articles in the net said that it is the hottest place in Geylang! I find the heat in the shop still OK. Maybe its night-time then and abit more cooling.

About the food, I like the dishes though they were a wee bit oily and salty. But this is homestyle cantonese food, so that's typical of the dishes. Everybody agreed that the tofu with prawns was nice. The fish head was very fresh abeit too many bones. Overall, I like all the food. But the price for the dishes seems a wee bit expensive. For 5 adults and 1 child consuming the 5 dishes, together with 5 cans of soft drinks, the price comes up to $80+.

Well, I don't mind coming back again... but there's so many other eating places I've set my eyes on, so till then then.

Sik Wai Sin Eating House
287 Geylang Road (Just after Lorong 15)
Tel: 6744 0129

No comments: